Are the videos on Tumblr not loading on iPhone? Continue reading this guide to learn some basic troubleshooting tips to fix this issue. Founded in 2007, Tumblr is popular as a micro-blogging platform that supports posting multimedia along with other general content. Though there have been many powerful and modern social media platforms post Tumblr, the latter is still the favorite of many social media enthusiasts.
If the Tumblr videos are not loading on iPhone, then the app may have bugs on it. At times, having snags on the currently installed iOS build can also affect the functioning of certain apps. The Tumblr platform may be down due to the server being inactive for periodic maintenance.
Having a bad network can also stop you from streaming video content on Tumblr. Sometimes it may be the fault of the ISP or you may have exhausted your telecom plan or mobile data. Unless you renew the plan, you will be denied access to the network.
Tips to Fix Tumblr Videos Not Loading on iPhone
Let me walk you through the troubleshooting tips to get the videos loading and playing on Tumblr for iOS.
1. Update Tumblr
To fix any bugs on the Tumblr app for iOS, look for available new app updates on the App Store.
- Open the App Store and tap the Apple ID profile image at the top.
- Go through the list of apps that are waiting for updates.
- If the Tumblr app has an update, tap on the button Update to get the update installation started.
- After updating the app, launch it, access your account, and play videos on Tumblr.
If it was a bug causing the video loading issue on Tumblr, that should be fixed now after stepping up to a new version of the app.
2. Restart the iPhone
Often random snags on the apps can be immediately fixed by restarting the device. To restart your iPhone, follow these steps.
- If you have an iPhone with a Touch ID, press the power button on the side of the phone.
- When you see the Slide to Power Off on the screen, pull the slider.
- Then again, press the power button to turn the iPhone on.
For an iPhone with Face ID, press and hold the side button along with the volume button until you see the Slide to Power Off on the screen. Then pull the slider and switch off the iPhone. Now, to turn the iPhone on long press the side button until the Apple logo appears.
3. Force Close Tumblr and Relaunch
Force closing the apps has a reputation for fixing stubborn bugs on smartphone apps. In many cases, Tumble users have reported that closing the app and relaunching it has fixed certain bugs on it. You can try the same fix for overcoming the video loading issue on Tumblr.
- Press the home button twice on an iPhone with the touch ID to bring up the app switcher.
- For an iPhone without a home button, swipe from the bottom of the screen to launch the app switcher.
- Now, navigate to the Tumblr app card and swipe it up and close it.
- Navigate to the app library or spot the Tumblr app anywhere on the home screen and tap the app icon to launch it.
- Scroll through the Tumblr feed, and if you see any video, check if it is playing or not.
4. Install iOS Update
To remove any bugs on the iOS version currently installed on your iPhone, upgrade it to a newer version that may be available for download. To look for a new system update for iOS,
- Launch the Settings app > tap on General > tap on Software Update.
- To start installing the new version of iOS, tap on Download and Install.
After installing the new iOS update, let the iPhone reboot. Then launch Tumblr and try to play the videos you see on the feed. It should load swiftly.
5. Manage the Network Issues
To check if your WiFi network is stable, run a speed test. If you are frequently facing network disruptions, get the connections in your residence checked but the ISP tech-support team.
You can get a mobile data plan and use cellular data on your iPhone to access Tumblr and the internet in general. To use mobile data, make sure it has been enabled in the iOS settings app.
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data and tap the switch beside it to activate Mobile Data on your iPhone.
As an alternative to the erstwhile faulty and unstable WiFi, you can connect your iPhone to another stable WiFi that you have access to.
6. Check if Tumblr Servers are Down
Use the Downdetector website to know if Tumblr users around the world have been facing outages in recent hours or the past few days/weeks. If you use Twitter, then follow the concerned social media handle of Tumblr to know if there has been an instance of the server being taken down officially for any maintenance.
You have to wait until the servers are up again, and then you can log in to your Tumblr account to play the videos that were earlier not loading.
7. Access Tumblr Using Browser App
If the app is behaving too problematic even after updating it, then use the Tumblr website from any browsing app. It may happen when the new version of the Tumblr app(the one you recently updated to) may also have some bug which will further make the app function erratically with new problems.
- Launch any browser app such as Safari or Chrome.
- In the URL bar, enter www.tumblr.com and proceed.
8. Uninstall and Reinstall Tumblr
You can uninstall the Tumblr app for iOS and reinstall it when other troubleshooting tips did not fix the video loading issue on Tumblr.
- Scroll to App Library on iOS and long press on the Tumblr app icon.
- From the menu, tap on Delete App and confirm.
- Launch the App Store and, using the search field, look for Tumblr.
- Tap on the button Get to install the Tumblr app back on your iPhone.
- Log into your account and try to play the videos in the feed.
Enjoy Playing Video content on Tumblr
Try these troubleshooting tips and see if you can play the videos on Tumblr. That’s a wrap on this guide about “How to Fix Tumblr Videos Not Loading on iPhone? “. I hope the guide was useful to you.