The way iPhone stores videos and images is quite different from Android. In most cases visual media downloaded on iPhone is stored on Apple Photo Library. Apple Photos app is the default storage place for all the photos and videos that you take on Camera and also that you download from other apps having access to iOS Camera roll.
If you looking to play iPhone videos on VLC Media Player. You can using a simple trick, below is the guide to play iOS videos from Camera Roll to VLC Player.
Steps to Play iOS Camera Roll Videos on VLC Media Player
- Open the Camera Roll or Photos app.
- Look for the video that you wish to play on VLC.
- Click on Share icon and click on Save to Files, select the location and click Save.
- Now open Files app on iPhone.
- Locate the file you saved and open it, now again click on Share icon.
- Here select VLC and play the video on VLC Media Player.
Alternatively, you can open local folder from VLC app itself.
- Open VLC app click on Network tab and click on Local Files.
- Locate the file and it will start playing on VLC media.
That’s it with this simple guide you can move all your camera roll videos on iPhone to VLC and use the popular media player to play videos.